Years Experience: 34 years | Joined the BB Team in: 2003
Certifications + Education:
- M.Ed. in Human Performance from the University of Missouri.
- BS in Biology from the University of Michigan
- American Council on Exercise – Certified Personal Trainer & Group Exercise Instructor
- American Council on Exercise – Gold Certified Group Ex Instructor & American College of Sports Medicine – Health Fitness Instructor (1984)
- The Cancer Exercise Training Institute – Cancer Exercise Specialist – Advanced Qualification as a Breast Cancer Recovery Specialist
- EFI Sports Medicine – Gravity Personal/Group Training Master Trainer
- TRX Suspension Trainer – TRX Group Suspension Trainer
- Kinesis Technogym - Kinesis Personal/Group Certified
- Matrix KrankCycle – Johnny G Kranking Instructor
Specialties + Focus:
- Pool for post rehab (increases mobility, flexibility and strength, also reduces edema (swelling).
- Group Ex (Barre, Yoga, Group Power, Cycle, Recess)
A NOTE FROM MICHELE:
"I have been in the fitness industry since 1982! First as a Group Ex Instructor and then added Personal Training to the mix in 1988. I’ve been managing health clubs since 1998 – but I still teach and train a little every day."
"I am honored to work with clients in the aftermath of cancer diagnoses & treatment. And I also work with clients who had orthopedic issues but are anxious to get back to an active life. In 2008, I had both of my hips replaced due to osteoarthritis. After creating my own rehabilitation program in the pool I discovered a passion for helping people with hip, knee & shoulder issues return to functional movement and active life through movement in the pool and on land."
"I love to personal train and teach because when you move well – you feel good and I love being part of the magic in helping people to move well!"
"I don’t know of another facility in the country that truly cares about its members and guests as individuals as demonstrated by our founder & owner, Susan Cooper."